Vice President, Business Development
|Salary Range:||combination of salary, commissions and bonuses; total package commensurate with experience.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Vice President, Business Development is primarily responsible for strategic development and operational execution of Insmed’s business development program across all regions. |
The incumbent will define target markets and opportunities for strategic partnerships and institutional customers with an eye to creating the “feeder system” of opportunities that ultimately drive the growth of individual sales across a variety of products and services (initially focused on disability products).
Additionally, the incumbent will design the strategy for building out both an employee-based and affiliate-producer-based network of business development reps.
|Duties:||• Serve as a member of Core Leadership Team|
• Strategic development of the Business Development functioning (working with the Core Leadership Team)
• Operational execution of the Business Development function, including all reporting, etc., required for the Core Leadership Team to effectively run the organization
• Meet or exceed both corporate and departmental goals and objectives
• Directly maintain key strategic partner and institutional relationships
• Conduct sales presentations, prepare and present educational seminars market segments, and assist with the preparation of proposals.
• Utilize consultative sales techniques and critical thinking skills to foster new client acquisition.
• Balance the development of new business relationships with maintaining existing customers.
• Obtain and maintain a high profile externally and through membership and attendance in industry and professional functions
|Qualifications:||• Previous Experience |
o Successful history of client creation with “C” suite contacts and senior HR leaders
o 7+ years of experience in outside sales and/or business development
o 2+ years of experience in disability product sales
o Previous experience in building a national sales or business development network
o Previous experience directly managing sales and/or business development reps
o Life/Health Insurance Producer license
o Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
o Company or Divisional management
o Strong leadership skills
o Excellent reputation in the industry – must be able to establish and maintain credibility
o Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area; MBA a plus.
Travel is required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.